est2genome complains that stack ran out of memory

Chan Chee Seng gisccs at nus.edu.sg
Mon Jul 7 07:28:25 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I have recently installed emboss version 2.6.  When my one of my users
ran estgenome, she got the following error messages.

~> est2genome
Align EST and genomic DNA sequences
EST sequence(s): park2musdowngene.txt
Genomic sequence: park2mousecontig.txt
Output file [mus.est2genome]: hope7.estgenome
Error: rpairs 2500001 beyond maximum 2500000
Error: increase space threshold to repeat this search
Error: stack ran out of memory, returning NULL
Error: rpairs 2500001 beyond maximum 2500000

Is there a configuration file to tweak so as to increase the stack?  Do
I have to recompile emboss with some special settings?  Any help would
be most appreciated.  Thanks.

Regards,
Chan Chee Seng
UNIX administrator