running Jemboss after EMBOSS installation

Dr T. Carver tcarver at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Fri Jan 31 17:47:41 UTC 2003

Hi Fernan

There is an install script provided in EMBOSS-2.6.0/jemboss/utils, that
installs EMBOSS and Jemboss (along with Tomcat and Axis if you are doing
a server installation). It compiles EMBOSS with the --with-java and
--with-javaos flags and --with-thread=$PLATFORM. The script compiles
Jemboss and adds the Axis library to Tomcat. It will also deploy the Axis
(SOAP) methods that Jemboss can access.

The script is described further at:

http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/Software/EMBOSS/Jemboss/install/setup.html

If you do a plain EMBOSS installation Jemboss is not installed at all.

Hope this helps.
Best regards
Tim Carver