question about EMMA program

Chien-Chang Loa ccloa at mdlab.com
Fri Feb 28 21:25:55 UTC 2003

Dear:
I tried to do some alignment of multiple sequences with the program
EMMA.  However, I could not get the input of multiple sequences
recognized by the EMMA.  Does anyone know how to establish a sequence
file with extension as ".pep" or make a List file as suggested by the
instruction of EMMA program?  The instruction suggested text editor
pico or nedit.  Does anyone know where can we get this kind of text
editor?  Do you think the regular Microsoft Word software will work for
editing the sequence file or the List file for multiple sequences??
How can we input the sequences from NCBI directly to the EMMA or other
programs of the EMBOSS?  I tried the accession numbers but did not work.

Does anyone know how to get the similarity table and phylogenetic tree
with any of the software program in the EMBOSS?

I think you already know that I am new with these programs of EMBOSS.
Any help or suggestions from you will be very appreciated.
Thanks.

Chien-Chang Loa