Multiple reports for an application

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Feb 25 10:44:23 UTC 2003

David Martin wrote:
> Having started to use the rformat options, is it possible to generate more
> than one format for a particular program.
>
> ie, if I am running fuzzpro and would like not only a listfile but also the
> motif output do I have to run the analysis twice or can EMBOSS output
> multiple reports in different formats?

You need to run the program twice.

Producing two report formats is trivial (two calls to the report writing
code with different formats), but where would you write the second report?

An alternative is to save the report in rformat GFF and rewrite the
features (demoreport does this kind of thing) but it would need a way to
specify the report columns for some of the reports... unless, perhaps,
we can save them in a GFF header comment. Hmmmm .... could be
interesting. Still very tricky for reports on more than one sequence, if
any format needs to report the sequence. But worth think about some more.

Hope this helps,