How to extract feature protein_id out of GCG genbank databases?

Stephan.Hurling at evotecoai.com Stephan.Hurling at evotecoai.com
Fri Feb 21 16:15:44 UTC 2003

Hello,

I would like to index GCG genebank databases in a way, that I will also
index the protein id, stored
as an additional information in the features section for a sequence:

GCG database entry:
COMMENT     On Oct 14, 1999 this sequence version replaced ...
FEATURES     Location/Qualifiers
     source          1. .1839
                            /organism="Homo sapiens"
     CDS             165. .1448
 --->                   /protein_id="AAC123456"

Current emboss entrys, dumped with "seqret -osformat debug" for a sequence
show no
available features:
 Features: 'No'

Can someone give ma a hint, how to include the protein id in my indices?
How do I have
to change the call to "dbigcg"? I would like to be able to use "whichdb
'protein_id' "for
locating the specific protein in the connected databases.

Thanks in advance.

All the best,

Stephan