Help with Luke's EMBOSS_GUI

Luke McCarthy mccarthy at cs.usask.ca
Wed Feb 19 01:53:55 UTC 2003

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Guy Horev wrote:

> Hey All
>
> I'm trying to install Luke's EMBOSS_GUI on cygwin and get the output
> below, where can I get Mail::Mailer?

Mail::Mailer is just an everyday, ordinary CPAN module.  If you've used
CPAN before, the following should work (from a shell prompt)

	perl -MCPAN -e 'install Mail::Mailer'

If you've not used CPAN before, the above should still work, it will
just take longer and you'll have to answer a few questions.  I've never
used this method under cygwin either, so your mileage may vary.

The nice thing about using the perl CPAN interface is that it will
automatically figure out dependencies and pull in other required
modules.  I'm not sure if Mail::Mailer requires anything else or not.

If you have to (or just want to) install Mail::Mailer manually, you can
download it from
http://search.cpan.org/src/MARKOV/MailTools-1.58/Mail/Mailer.pm and
stick it somewhere in your perl module path.

For more information, see the CPAN FAQ at
http://www.cpan.org/misc/cpan-faq.html, particularly the questions
'Where can I find Perl modules?' and 'How do I install Perl modules?'

Cheers,

Luke
--
Luke McCarthy