More Upgrade

ALLO (Alfredo Lopez De Leon) ald at novozymesbiotech.com
Fri Feb 7 17:15:44 UTC 2003

Hi,
About a month ago I posted a question on how to upgrade from an early
version of EMBOSS to a new release.  However I got two completely opposite
answers.  The first stated that I should go ahead and that all my defaults
databases, etc will be saved.  The second one indicated that according to
Alan Bleasby I will have to start from scratch. (Note: last statement was a
second hand statement not done directly to me by Alan)

I will appreciate it if someone can clarify this conflicting issue.  I've
been getting personal emails asking me if I got an answer to this problem,
so I know that there are some users out there that are wondering "how to
proceed".

Alfredo Lopez De Leon Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow,
Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics Department
Novozymes Biotech , Inc.
1445 Drew Avenue,
Davis, CA 95616