[EMBOSS] diffrential restriction program

Jan Matiasovic matiasovicj at vfu.cz
Fri Aug 8 14:01:18 UTC 2003

Hallo Emboss.
I am looking for program which is able to find restriction endonuclease making
different digestion on similar sequences. I do not know Emboss well, but I do
not found this program in this package.
Example: I have three alleles of horse DQA. I use Emboss restrict for all
alleles and outputs compare using shell program diff. This show me I am able
resolve this three alleles using Mnl I digestion. For three alleles it is
piece of cake, but large number of allels generate a lot of diff´s outputs.
Is program doing similar work available? I do not know programming, so I am
not able to write any piece of code :(.
Thank you for your answer.

Jan Matiasovic PhD.
University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno
Department of Animal Genetics
Czech Republic