eprimer3

Alex Brown abrown at nimr.mrc.ac.uk
Fri Sep 6 13:27:44 UTC 2002

Hi.

I'm running EMBOSS on a Mac PowerBook G4 (OSX), under Darwin

The EMBOSS program eprimer3 requires the program primer3 from the
Whiltehead Institute ( http://www-
genome.wi.mit.edu/ftp/distribution/software/primer3_0_9_test.tar.gz ). I
have downloaded this. When I try to install it using 'make primer3', I
get the following error message:

[xxxx:/primer3_0_9_test/src] me% make primer3
make: *** No rule to make target `primer3'.  Stop.

Being a UNIX grasshopper, I'm not sure how to overcome this problem. Has
anyone installed primer3 onto Darwin successfully ?

Many Thanks,

Alex Brown.