this format is not readable by seqret

Joerg Muehlisch jmuehlis at uni-muenster.de
Tue Oct 22 08:06:55 UTC 2002

Hi,

Just for your information. This is the answer from my collaborators:

The sequence is a DNAStar  EditSeq file.  The notation indicates that
this
sequence is consensus sequence from multiple reads put into a contig.
If
you do not have DNAStar, try to open with a wordprocessor program and
cut
and paste the sequence into whatever sequence editor you use.  The
sequence
uses standard nomenclature (ie. W = A or T; M = A or C; etc.....)

Thanks for your help.

As this format is not readable I will now just change the format by
other means.

Jorg