Joerg Schaber Joerg.Schaber at uv.es
Tue Oct 8 15:58:11 UTC 2002

Hi,

i have problems creating an EMBOSS database from a DDBJ flatfile (e.g.
ftp://ftp.genome.ad.jp/pub/kegg/genomes/genes/Buchnera.ent) using
'dbiflat -idformat gb'. I get a warning for all entries in the flatfile
'Warning: Duplicate ID skipped: '<null>' All hits will point to first ID
found´ and I can not retrieve any sequence. I think dbiflat only
recognizes the first entry.
When I download the corresponding fasta flatfile I have no problems
creating an EMBOSS database using 'dbifasta'. However, I would like to
use the original DDBJ flatfile because it includes more information.
Any idea what's the problem?

greetings,

joerg