eprimer3...broken pipe?

Burke Squires squiresb at macrogenics.com
Tue Oct 8 15:20:35 EDT 2002

I have tried to install various version of emboss and when I try and run
eprimer3 I get the following message:

[loopback:bioinfo/emboss-2.4.1/emboss] bsquires% eprimer3
Picks PCR primers and hybridization oligos
Input sequence(s): /bioinfo/fragments.fa
Output file [tpe-v_a.eprimer3]: /bioinfo/fa.out

   EMBOSS An error in eprimer3.c at line 317:
The program 'primer3_core' must be on the path.
It is part of the 'primer3' package,
available from the Whitehead Institute.
See: http://www-genome.wi.mit.edu/
Broken pipe