Fw: Other: EMBOSS versus GCG?

Rory Bowden r.bowden at vir.gla.ac.uk
Thu Nov 14 15:36:23 UTC 2002

This on the 'evoldir' list, which is the main international mailing list in
evolutionary biology. Would anyone like to make any comments for me to pass
on?

while I'm definitely not in Canada I would say that this question is likely
to come up here (in the UK) at the institutional if not research council
level. Does anyone have an opinion they'd like to articulate e.g. about
whether EMBOSS is ready to supplant GCG for end-users.

Rory Bowden
MRC Virology Unit
Glasgow UK