Problem with EMBOSS GUI

Sebastian Bassi sebastian.bassi at ar.advantaseeds.com
Mon Nov 11 12:10:54 UTC 2002

Hi,

I've just installed the EMBOSS GUI on http://genes.unq.edu.ar/EMBOSS
(this should look like this http://bioinfo.pbi.nrc.ca:8090/EMBOSS/)
The problem as you can see on the webpage is the missing programs on the
left column (it should appear there all the EMBOSS programs).
I think this should be a path problem. For you to help me evaluate it, I
attach two files:
embossdir.txt, a capture of the ls -Ra from my emboss inst. directory
(/opt/emboss).
emboss.pl, the emboss.pl file (for you to see if the path are right).
The emboss.zip file contains both files and I made it because sometimes
attached text get corrupted by some mailers.
I hope you can help me.

Note: The EMBOSS were compiled using this:
configure --prefix=/opt/emboss --without-x --x-includes="" --x-libraries=""
The "without x" part is because it was comiled on a RH web server without X.

The emboss works fine, the problem is this GUI.

Sebastian Bassi.
Advanta Seeds. Balcarce Research Station.