Antwort: Database set up Q's

David Martin dmamartin at dundee.ac.uk
Thu May 23 08:28:49 UTC 2002

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Gary Williams, Tel 01223 494522 wrote:

> See also the description of the database specification syntax at:
> http://www.uk.embnet.org/Software/EMBOSS/Usa/databases.html

There have been a number of changes in EMBOSS that add more functionality
to the database definitions since the admin guide was last updated by me.

Everything in the admin guide is more or less valid (some of the platform
specific stuff is a bit dated, ie OS X and IRIX may not be entirely
correct now) but misses some of the new bits.

Peter Rice has picked up the poisoned chalice of updating the admin guide
(probably so I don't fill his email inbox with stupid questions again) and
it will be released under a free documentation license in due course.

The existing version will get you going for now and is 99% compatible with
todays EMBOSS but only covers 75% of the features.

..d

David Martin PhD
Bioinformatics Scientific Officer
Wellcome Trust Biocentre, Dundee
+44 1382 348704
9f:2e:d8:b6:fb:fd:2c:77:02:50:ea:c0:d6:af:04:ed