Database set up Q's

Peter Rice peter.rice at uk.lionbioscience.com
Thu May 23 08:22:24 UTC 2002

Elena Kolomiets wrote:

> i am looking for detaile description of whow to set up
>
> my oun Database definition.
> How .embossrc and .embossdata works along with
> emboss.default?
> My showdb result in listing test databases even though
> the emboss_tempdata variable commented in
> emboss.default file???!!!

You need to comment out the DB lines for the test databases to remove them.

Commenting out emboss_tempdata means the test databases are still defined,
but will not work.

I am working on adding more comments to emboss.default.template and
updating the Admin Guide and web pages. Of course, updating
emboss.default.template may not help users who already have their own
emboss.default file so we can make comments in the next release notes too
to make sure they see the updates.