seqed?

Daniel Schlieper daniel at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri May 17 13:36:21 UTC 2002

Dear Gary,

thank you very much. Yes mse is a bit hidden, but Peter Rice was as kind
as to point me to that. In total, mse seems to be much better than seqed,
and I will be happy to use it.

Just in case if there is anybody interested in even improving it, there
might two minor improvments possible:

1. There could be a check feature as in seqed. For example (from seqed):

     aacgggttaaggcct
        ^      ^^^^
     aaccggttaaccggt
....|.........|.........|....
    0        10        20

2. There could be a way to read an empty (or not yet existing file). Now
it says:

Unix % mse i.seq
Multiple Sequence Editor
Error: failed to open filename i.seq
Error: Unable to read sequence 'i.seq'

Many thanks and best regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Schlieper               MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
daniel at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk       Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK