unable to open font file??

David Martin dmamartin at dundee.ac.uk
Tue May 7 15:39:09 UTC 2002

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Asen Nenov wrote:

> Hi to All,
>
> My EMBOSS(current version) is running on Mandrake 8.1/Duron/256.
> I tried all of PLOT programs, but all of the are giving me the following
> message:
>
> Cannot open library file: plstnd5.fnt
> Please set PLPLOT_LIB to the plplot/lib directory under emboss
>
> *** PLPLOT ERROR ***
>
> Unable to open font file
>
> Can anyone help me eith this issue?
> Any help appreciated.

The error is somewhat misleading and is correct only if you are running
from the source directory. If you have installed (with 'make install')
then copy the font files  plstnd5.fnt and  plxtnd5.fnt to the share/EMBOSS
directory (typically /usr/local/share/EMBOSS unless you have configured
with --prefix=/somewhere )

You will find these files in <emboss source directory>/plplot/lib

Hope this helps

..d

> Best Regards
> Asen