emboss/newuser

w2hgcg at netscape.net w2hgcg at netscape.net
Sat Mar 16 19:22:09 UTC 2002

ok, so I downloaded the pack, I gunziped it, then tar -xvf (following the instructions) I installed it on /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/emboss  I did not change any default value during installation, I followed the instrucions and my compilation was successful, then I got the the part where I was suppouse to start with the postcompilation setup, I am unsing linux suse 7.3, I checked the etc dir and checked the files bash.bashrc and profile, well on profile I found the paths values, and the I tryed to add the path stated on the manual page 13, point 2.3.4 but I do not see any lib directory not at /usr/local/emboss (where acording to the manual there should be) nor at the place where I unpacked the emboss and runned ./configure and then make, /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/emboss the thing is that anyway I tested the emboss with wossname /auto|more and it successed, runned ok, and when I type wossname and as keyword give it protein it gives me a list of programs with a short description .. so... did I do something wrong? is my emboss running now? thanks a lot in advance, sorry to be asking so many things but ...