formatin EMBL to fasta for Blast. hum01.dat is large than 2GB

Tõnu Margus tmargus at ebc.ee
Wed Jun 19 13:31:28 UTC 2002

Hi all,

It is not exactly  emboss question but is related.

I try to format EMBL rel 71.0 for blast
First step is  converting  in to  FastA format  I am  using   sp2fasta
Unfortunately it can't manage files what are  lager than  2GB
( I am running this stuff on Linux 2.4 Slackware 8.0 )
And I didn't figure out how to send standard input as input for sp2fasta
( cat hum01.dat | sp2fasta didn't wokr)

Does someone know how to overcome this problem?
Is there some newer compilations of sp2fasta or some an other tool?

Thanks in advance

Tõnu Margus
Estonian Biocentre
Riia 23