Some help required.

Alex Brown abrown at nimr.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Jul 30 15:56:13 UTC 2002

OUCH !! (just me kicking myself).

Initially, the emboss.default file had the line:

SET emboss_tempdata path_to_directory_$EMBOSS/test

I had assumed thet 'path_to_directory_$EMBOSS was a variable holding the
path. Apparently not so.

I edited this line as you suggested:

SET emboss_tempdata /local/share/EMBOSS/test

but again this didn't solve the problem. However, changing it to:

SET emboss_tempdata /usr/local/share/EMBOSS/test

did work. That might have been the root of the problem (groan !!)

Many thanks for all the replies.

Alex Brown.