redata/rebaseextract bug ?

K. Arun karbak at cmu.edu
Tue Jan 22 06:01:17 UTC 2002

Hello,

        I recently compiled EMBOSS 2.2.0 (with the patched files
mentioned earlier on this list) on a Debian Linux machine, and have
been using it (mostly) without problems for a few days now. I
encountered an interesting anomaly this evening while indexing and
checking REBASE release 201.

------------
$ redata EcoRI
Search REBASE for enzyme name, references, suppliers etc.
Output file [outfile.redata]: stdout
EcoRI

Recognition site is ESCHERICHIACOLIRY leaving sticky ends
  Cut positions 5':0 3':0 [5':0 3':0]
Organism: G^AATTC
Methylated: R.N. Yoshimori
Source: 3(6)

-snip-
------------
(organism and recognition site are interchanged)

        I've been having other problems with 'restrict', but this one
seems to require fixing first. Am I doing something wrong ? I
extracted REBASE 201 (the withrefm.201 file) with rebaseextract as
indicated in the documentation.

        Thanks,

                                                  -arun

--
arun krishnaswamy	<karbak at myrealbox.com>	   <karbak at acm.org>
biological sciences,  mellon institute,  carnegie mellon university