EMBOSS on SGI

David Martin d.m.a.martin at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Jan 18 09:21:51 UTC 2002

> Hi there --
>
> Just FYI, my porting notes for EMBOSS 2.2.0 on SGI systems is available
> from here:
>
>  http://www.sgi.com/solutions/sciences/chembio/resources/emboss/

I'll add the link in to the admin guide.

One comment.. On the porting tips you mention editing a particular file but
neglect to say which file one is supposed to be editing..

> I would like to have these changes incorporated automatically in the
> distribution, but I can tell it's going to take me a little while to
> figure out how to do that.  In the meantime, please do let me know if
> you have any questions or problems.  Thanks!

Possibly the best thing is to build a freeware package that will then
require the relevant dependencies?

...d

--
David Martin PhD