searching local databases

Charles Plessy charles at moulinette.dyndns.org
Sat Feb 23 16:26:57 UTC 2002

> > I am now stuck. Could anyone point me to resources explaining how I
> > can install fasta or blast on my linux, and how to instruct those guys
> > to use my homemade emboss fasta database??
>
> I have a tutorial to do just this.. There are a few slightly misleading
> bits in it (section ordering mostly) but otherwise it is fine.

First, thank you for your helpful tutorials.

I succeeded in creating a blast DB, and indexing it. I modified my
.embossrc in order to access it with seqret.

However, I'm only able to access blast databases in the ncbi format ; how
can I avoid reformatting the headers to something like >lcl|accession ?
What are the other accepted formats?

Charles