searching local databases

Charles Plessy charles at moulinette.dyndns.org
Fri Feb 22 09:51:31 UTC 2002

Hello,

In GCG, i used to make a local blast database from a few hundred of
sequences coming from a screen (for example), in order to be able to
use gcg's databese searching tools on it.

With emboss, i have built a local index of fasta files and modified my
~/.embossrc so that i can access them with the db:ID syntax.

I am now stuck. Could anyone point me to ressources explaining how I
can install fasta or blast on my linux, and how to instruct those guys
to use my homemade emboss fasta database??

Thank you,

Charles