restrict and supermatcher

Heather Davidson H.Davidson at ed.ac.uk
Fri Feb 15 12:47:17 UTC 2002

I would like to know how to use supermatcher. I have used matcher with
no problems. I want to compare one long sequence against a lot of other
smaller sequences. In GCG one made a file of filenames of the smaller
sequences and the comparison was done all at once. I do not know how to
do this on supermatcher and the help does not help.
Also I have used restrict but the output is not what I want. Basically I
want an output like mapsort in GCG and I have asked support at HGMP and
they cannot help either. I want the enzymes listed alphabetically (
which I know it does fine except it does a long line instead of across
the paper) and with the site location but then with the size of
fragments produced from that digest listed underneath
I have only used emboss twice and each time I cannot get what I used to
be able to get effortlessly from GCG
Thanks
Heather
--
Heather Davidson
Lab Manager                     |  Email: Mailto:H.Davidson at ed.ac.uk
Medical Genetics Section        |  WWW:   http://www.ed.ac.uk
Department of Medical Sciences  |  Fax:   +44 (0)131 651 1059
The University of Edinburgh     |  Phone: +44 (0)131 651 1042
Molecular Medicine Centre
Western General Hospital
Crewe Road
Edinburgh  EH4 2XU