EMBOSS under WIN2000

Sharmila Pillai sharmila at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Dec 16 13:52:56 UTC 2002

Hello Asen,
	On the same note, as David's, if you are interested, I have a SOAP
interface to EMBOSS - a client (your windows machine) can talk (SOAP) to a
remote machine running a webserver/AXIS and has EMBOSS installed in it.
For now, you can access most of teh EMBOSS applications excluding
graphical ones.

Regards,
Sharmila.

> Hello Asen,
>
> just throw away the Win2000 :-)
> But seriously, why not leaving the EMBOSS on a Linux server with Apache
and
> one
> of the WWW interfaces:
> (http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/Software/EMBOSS/interfaces.html)
> You could install Luke's EMBOSS GUI which is very emboss specific but
easy to
> set up.
> If you need an interface for other sequence analysis programs I would
suggest
> Cathrine Letondal's PISE.
> This you can use for emboss and dozens other sequence analysis programs.
>
> Sincerely,
> David.
>

> Hi,
>
> I am using EMBOSS undex Mandrake Linux and the package is working
properly.
> Now I have to run a web-based system including EMBOSS package under
WIN2000