problem with seqret and protein sequences.

michael hanlon (BITS) michael.hanlon at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed Aug 7 15:55:32 UTC 2002

Due to changes in format at Sanger, we have edited our emboss.default to use the SRS service at EBI instead. Heres the relevant part:

DB swall [ type: P method: url format: embl
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srs6bin/cgi-bin/wgetz?-e+[SWall-id:%s]"
  comment: "EBI Swissprot IDs and Trembl IDs" ]

DB swalla [ type: P method: url format: embl
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srs6bin/cgi-bin/wgetz?-e+[SWall-acc:%s]"
  comment: "EBI Swissprot ACs and Trembl ACs" ]

DB embl [ type: N method: url format: embl
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srs6bin/cgi-bin/wgetz?-e+[EMBLRELEASE-ID:%s]"
  comment: EBI EMBL ACs" ]

DB embla [ type: N method: url format: embl
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srs6bin/cgi-bin/wgetz?-e+[embl-acc:%s]"
  comment: "EBI EMBL IDs" ]

The embl bits work OK, but not the swall, I just get 'unable to read sequences'

Any help much appreciated.

Mike