EMBOSS/lib directory

Alex Brown abrown at nimr.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Aug 1 11:03:42 UTC 2002

Hi. Another small problem, this time with 'cirdna'.

I am running EMBOSS 2.4.1 on a Mac PowerBook G4, under Darwin and
XDarwin 1.1 (XFree86 4.2.0).

After installing EMBOSS, I noticed that he directory /EMBOSS/lib did not
exist. This was odd, as the post-compilation setup instructions in the
EMBOSS Administrators Guide (1.13.2) required the following line to be
added to .cshrc:

setenv PLPLOT_LIB /blah/blah/EMBOSS/lib

With this setting, cirdna gave the following error:

      Cannot open library file: plstnd5.fnt

      Please set PLPLOT_LIB to the plplot/lib directory under emboss

      *** PLPLOT ERROR ***
      Unable to open font file
      Program aborted

Setting PLPLOT_LIB to '/blah/blah/EMBOSS' did work, as the files
plstnd5.fnt and plxtnd5.fnt were in this directory. However, the program
'hangs' after producing the 'cirdna' window with the graphic. I have to
'kill' the 'cirdna' window by alt-clicking it for the cirdna program to
complete.

Could someone explain this behavior (or is this normal), and what files
are supposed to be in the /EMBOSS/lib directory.

Sorry to be a nuisance.

Many Thanks

Alex Brown.