EMBOSS:complex

Peter Rice peter.rice at uk.lionbioscience.com
Tue Apr 23 14:30:23 UTC 2002

Ted Chiang wrote:

> Just a quick question.  In the 2.3.1 release, the EMBOSS program 'complex'
> is not fully implemented.  Will this program be in the next release or
> have we missed something in the installation?

complex is a strange application (with italian command line options) that
the authors have not been maintaining.

We have moved it into the "make check" set of obsolete/testing
applications. If you do need it, the "make check" command will build it,
but you then need to copy the binary and other files to the install
directories by hand.

One unfortunate side effect of moving applications to "make check" (or
removing them) is that the old binaries will stay in the install directory.

Perhaps we can find a way to clean them up ... need to think about that a
little.