Problems with emowse

Bryan Gibbon bgibbon at email.arizona.edu
Wed Oct 10 16:56:32 UTC 2001

Hello,
    I am having some trouble with emowse searches of flatfile databases
(NCBI format). When I perform a search the results are empty except for
the list of masses used for the search. The database is indexed
correctly as I can fetch any entry with seqret or entret. Searches
against a fasta database returned by seqret and indexed with dbifasta
work fine. Is there any way to make emowse read the flatfile databases
properly so that I do not have to maintain a fasta copy of every protein
database?

Thanks in advance for your help,
--
Bryan Gibbon