showfeat overlaping CDS

David Bauer bauer at genprofile.com
Tue Jul 31 08:03:02 UTC 2001

Hi,

I have a EMBL file with 2 CDS entries which stand for alternatively
spliced products. I would like to display only one of them at a time
with showfeat.
Both have a /gene and /label with the gene name (e.g. gene1 gene2).
So what I thought was to use:
-matchtype=cds -matchtag=label -matchvalue=gene1
The matchtype works as I expect but with any kind of matchtag or
matchvalue I'm getting core dumps.
So what's wrong with the above example ?

Also if I use -tags with a spliced CDS the tags are displayed only with
the first exon, all other exons get just a CDS so it is not visible
which of the remaining exons belongs to which of the genes.

Thanks, David.
--
Dr. David Bauer
GenProfile AG, Max-Delbrueck-Center, Erwin-Negelein-Haus