EMBOSS 1.9.0

ableasby at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk ableasby at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Jan 23 07:49:47 UTC 2001

David writes:
>For some strange reason EMBOSS could not find the -lpng while compiling
>the ajax subdir.

Very odd as I haven't (knowingly) changed the configure.

>As workaround I just added -L/usr/local/lib to the CFLAGS in the
>ajax/Makefile and EMBOSS is happy now.

Whatever works I suppose but Makefile hacking is a little dicey as
the makefile can be rewritten by auto configuration. Perhaps
adding   --with-pngdriver=/usr/local     to the configure would
have worked or, in your case    make "CFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib"
might have been OK.

I'd be interested to know whether anyone else has seen this /usr/local/lib
problem.

Cheers

Alan