Feature inheritance with sequences

David Martin david.martin at biotek.uio.no
Fri Feb 9 14:15:33 UTC 2001

One of the great benefits of some of the graphical sequence manipulation
tools is that when one chops out a section of a sequence the features
travel with it.
What is the position with regard to such things in EMBOSS?

ie if pasteseq is used to splice sequence a into sequence b, will the
feature table travel with it and be updated as well?

..d

*  Dr. David Martin                  Biotechnology Centre of Oslo   *
*  Node Manager                      Gaustadalleen 21               *
*  The Norwegian EMBNet Node         P.O. box 1125 Blindern         *
*  tel +47 22 84 05 35               N-0317 Oslo                    *
*  fax +47 22 84 05 01               Norway                         *
I will be leaving the Norwegian EMBnet node on 23rd February.
All work related mail should be addressed to admin at embnet.uio.no where
my successor, Rune Groven will deal with it.
All personal email should be sent to dmartin at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk from whence
it will be automatically forwarded to me.
Spam should continue to be sent to /dev/null