Farm files for databases, using SRS

Guy Bottu gbottu at ben.vub.ac.be
Thu Dec 20 17:25:52 UTC 2001

from : BEN

You can also, like Peter suggested, use SRS. For example, I wanted to access the
databanks IMGT/LIGM and IMGT/MHC as one databank with name imgt and shortname
im. I use SRS for retrieving one or several sequences eventually with their
documentation and a direct access to a databank for a full search (faster ?). I
wrote :

in .../emboss/share/EMBOSS/emboss.default :

DB imgt [ type: N comment: 'Immunogenetics Databases'
          methodquery: srs dbalias: IMGT formatquery: embl
          methodall: direct dir: /sw/emboss/DBlink file: 'I*' formatall: fasta
]
DB im   [ type: N comment: 'Immunogenetics Databases'
          methodquery: srs dbalias: IMGT formatquery: embl
          methodall: direct dir: /sw/emboss/DBlink file: 'I*' formatall: fasta
]

and in .../srs/icarus/site/site.i (hidden so that it does show up in the WWW
page of SRS) :

$imgt_db=$Library:[IMGT
  format:$EMBL_FORMAT
  virtualInfo:$LibVirtual:[
    memberLibs:{$IMGT_DB $MHC_DB}
  ]
  type:hidden
]

The directory /sw/emboss/DBlink contains  :

Iligm -> /dbfb/imgt/ligm
Imhc -> /dbfb/imgt/mhc

	Guy Bottu