quick questions

Peter Rice peter.rice at uk.lionbioscience.com
Fri Dec 14 09:41:17 UTC 2001

David Mathog wrote:

> Hmm, after going up and down through the ACD notation I can't find
> what I'm looking for there either.
>
> The desired GUI interaction in that case could be one of:
>
> 1.  changing value in mspA toggles state of usermspA (messy)

This means 'mspA depends on usermspA' and 'usermspA depends on mspA'.
ACD expressly forbids this. All dependencies must be to something defined
earlier in the file.

> 2.  -mspA slot is grayed out unless -usermspA is set (simpler)

Could be done with an extra ACD attribute, with a value of "$(usermspA)",
but you would expect most GUIs to ignore this.

In general, you can expect to have options in EMBOSS that are not used by
the program but can still be set on the command line. Your -mspA is just
another case.

Having said that, adding an ACD function (you would only need one) to test
whether a value was set by the user is fairly trivial (setting via the
command line or by replying to a prompt if there is one).