quick questions

David Mathog mathog at mendel.bio.caltech.edu
Wed Dec 12 18:44:25 UTC 2001

1.  Is this list archived in a searchable form somewhere?
2.  what Ajax call or calls say if a command line switch was or wasn't
present?
For instance, at the moment when this

    foo = AjGetInt("Somekey");

returns foo = 0 I can't tell if the user entered "-somekey=0" or just
left it off the line.

3.  What entries have to go in the makefile to result in an EMBOSS
executable that gdb will debug?   This is on Solaris 8.   I tried using
-g along, but  gdb didn't like the resulting
executable.  It would start it, but "bt" (backtrace) only showed binary
addresses.
GDBs exact message was:

This GDB was configured as
"sparc-sun-solaris2.8"..."/usr/local/src/EMBOSS/embassy/ESIM4-1.0.0/source/esim4":
not in executable format: File format not recognized

Thanks,

David Mathog
mathog at caltech.edu