drawing trees

jrvalverde at cnb.uam.es jrvalverde at cnb.uam.es
Tue Aug 28 06:05:15 UTC 2001

Gene Cutler <cutler at tularik.com> wrote:
> Thanks Jennifer.  One more question:
>
> >Put your aligned sequences into PHYLIP format
>
> I didn't see any information on the phylip webpage about phylip format
> and/or conversion tools.  I can do the conversion myself if I can find
> documentation on the format.

It's on the package documentation, but if you are already using CLUSTAL,
then simply go to "multiple alignments", choose "output options" and
then select "PHYLIP" format.

As for the details, either look at the documentation ("main.doc") or
to EMBnet's Quick Guide to PHYLIP (PDF and HTML versions may still be
found at
	http://www.es.embnet.org/~pprpc/activs/PHYLIPGuide/PhylipGuide-1.6.html