database access

Charles charles at moulinette.dyndns.org
Sun Apr 22 22:00:16 UTC 2001

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 CHOO_Keng_Wah at nyp.gov.sg wrote:

> Deal all,
>      I've just installed the EMBOSS-1.11.0 on my LINUX Red Hat 7.2 and I
> couldn't setup a connection to any database.
>      Can soneone help me?

I'm more or less at the same point than you : i've installed emboss on a
debian woody (for self-training and satisfying curiosity), and could not
get the time so sit down in front of the database installation manual,
which is hard to understand for the unfamiliar reader.

I copied the emboss.default file to .embossrc in my home directory, and
uncommented the examples of genebank accassion by the internet.

Well, if you have an unlimited internet access, i think it is the quicker
way to proceed. However, i dont't even know if www.ca.embnet.org is
designed to provide sequences to everybody, and i don't
understand the syntax used.

Hope this helps,

Charles