EMBOSS 1.8.0

jrvalverde at cnb.uam.es jrvalverde at cnb.uam.es
Mon Nov 27 17:00:31 UTC 2000

<ableasby at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk> wrote:
> CODERET: Assuming you have the embl (or GenBank) database in a form
>   which allows access to the feature table information then this
>   program will return all or some of the CDS, mRNA and translations.
>   It caters for CDS sequences spread over different entries.
>
> The observant will note that some protein structure code has started
> appearing in the libraries. There is also some CORBA communication
> code. These are under active development but there are currently
> no supplied (nearly said distributed) applications.

One minor point I see in the distribution: there is effectively some
"code", but it is all C code generted by ORB-it. This means one will
need to install GNOME or at least ORB-it to be able to use it.

Wouldn't it be better (or feasible) to distribute the IDL file and
generate the hooks on the fly from the makefile using whichever
ORB the user has available?