data files

Robert Milius milius at bscl.msi.umn.edu
Thu Nov 16 00:01:31 UTC 2000

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed the following databases for
use with EMBOSS 1.7.0:

rebase
prints
prosite
transfac

and used rebaseextract, printsextract, prosextract, and tfextract
to extract them for use with EMBOSS.

Everything seems to work, but the databases ended up being extracted
to my original source directory, not my installation point.

The respective programs (eg patmatmotifs) seem to work ok.

I originally did my configure using "--prefix=/usr/local/EMBOSS" and
my make install went without a hitch.

Did I miss setting some environmental variable or something?
I have the following set:
setenv PLPLOT_LIB /usr/local/EMBOSS/share/EMBOSS
setenv EMBOSS_ACDROOT /usr/local/EMBOSS/share/EMBOSS/acd

thanks,
bob

Robert P. Milius, Ph.D.                            612-626-2771 (office)
Basic Sciences Computing Laboratory                612-625-4433 (fax)
University of Minnesota Supercomputing Institute   milius at msi.umn.edu
for Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation