[emboss-dev] Problems with the EMBOSS mirror at EBI

Rodrigo Lopez Serrano rls at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jun 25 15:16:02 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm afraid I don't have a useful answer. The EBI mirror is an identical
copy of the ftp://emboss.open-bio.org/pub/EMBOSS/. However, this is
missing the target of the  emboss-latest.tar.gz link. Until this is
resolved on ftp://emboss.open-bio.org, the EBI mirror will also not
contain the target file.

On 25/06/2015 14:48, Peter Cock wrote:
> Hi Peter & team,
>
> I'm relaying a problem reported via SeqAnswers:
>
> http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=176282#post176282
>
> Specifically while ftp://emboss.open-bio.org/pub/EMBOSS/ looks
> to be complete, the EBI mirror is missing sub-folders like the
> past releases - and the emboss-latest.tar.gz link does not work:
>
> ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/software/unix/EMBOSS/
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter

Rodrigo Lopez Serrano,
Head of Web Production,
European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI),
European Molecular Biology Laboratory,
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,
South Building,
Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SD