EMBOSS - Indexing breaks on large databases

José R. Valverde txomsy at cnb.uam.es
Mon Jun 16 00:59:50 UTC 2014

> Hi Leonard,
>
> There is a sort option for those programs but I would NOT
> recommend using it. I don't think the person who wrote that bit
> of code/modified it  was ever entirely happy with it and I am
> going to clean it up as part of the 64 bit process.

If that's the problem I have several sort routines I wrote some 10+
years back. They are generic, object-oriented, written in C and long
while debugged (oh, and rather easy to use, by the way). I can mail
the sort library if you so wish. It contains a good number of routines
for most imaginable situations (even a merge-sort for space short
scenarios, but I believe that's one of the less used and tested).

Jose R. Valverde
EMBnet/CNB