[emboss-dev] Mapping EMBOSS to Ruby, Perl and Python

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public78 at thebird.nl
Mon Nov 30 10:03:27 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have started mapping some to the EMBOSS functions using Biolib. For
a write up see:

  http://biolib.open-bio.org/wiki/Mapping_EMBOSS

Also I have migrated the CVS repository to git - it is hosted at

  http://github.com/pjotrp/EMBOSS

and includes the whole CVS version history. I would strongly recommend
using git(hub) over CVS. In my experience it is much nicer to work
with and collaborate.

The next EMBOSS function I wish to map is 'getorf'. However, much of
the logic is in the main() routine. I'll try and move the logic out,
so an emboss_getorf() function is exported to Ruby (Perl and Python).

I'll send a patch for examination.

Pjotr Prins
Wageningen University

P.S. Note that Biolib maps the current EMBOSS tree ... !(*stable_6.1.0)