[emboss-dev] Use more .cvsignore files in repository?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Aug 20 10:28:21 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I've been able to checkout and build EMBOSS from CVS following the
instructions here:
http://emboss.sourceforge.net/developers/cvs.html

I've noticed when doing "cvs update" that there are a lot of extra
files created by doing an in-place build (as recommended by the above
doc) which CVS has not been told to ignore.

It would help to ignore the "Makefile" and "Makefile.in" entries in
many directories, /emboss/emboss/ajax/*.lo, as well as the expected
compiled tools under the "emboss" subdirectory, by listing them in
.cvsignore files.

Peter

P.S. I would be happy to make these minor changes with CVS access and
EMBOSS's permission. Depending on how the OBF setup the CVS server, I
may in fact already have CVS access (since Biopython CVS is on the
same machine).