[emboss-dev] Fwd: Request For Work

jitesh dundas jbdundas at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 14:12:43 UTC 2008

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your reply. Please excuse me for the delay in replying as I
was out of town.
I am looking at working on this issue in 2 ways:-
1) I wish to parallelize the phases of different softwares( if they are in
develpment stage).
2) Next, if there is a connection or dependency between two or more
projects( or applications), then we can try to give the output that is
needed based on the current status of the output-supplying application.

I think this should save us a lot of time in processing of information or
requests, as we will not have to wait till the entire application is
completed.

I will need to know if there is any relationship identified between any of
the applications defined in the  EMBOSS project. If there are any relations
already present between the applications, it will become easier to get a
handle to move the execution from one point to another.

Also, Running applications in parallel will require a change in the way we
make our applications. We need to define a master relationship between all
the apllications, so as to relate all the applications with each other.

I am looking at ways to create a master relationship and also at ways to
parallelize the execution of applications.

Any feedback on this topic is most welcome.

Regards,
Jitesh Dundas
http://jiteshbdundas.blogspot.com
Mobile- +91-9860925706