[emboss-dev] External Libraries, C++ App

Brandon Barker brandon.barker at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 04:05:23 UTC 2007

Thanks for the tips and info, sounds good.  Another question is
regarding the interoperability between AJAX and GMP.  Would it be
acceptable for me to add some GMP oriented functions that are
analogous to existing functions in AJAX and add an optional check in
configure.in for GMP?  Since building EMBOSS with GMP would still be
optional, my parametric alignment package could still be part of
EMBASSY, but the AJAX GMP functions would be part of EMBOSS (but only
built if the user has GMP, and maybe only if the user explicitly tells
configure they want it).

If not, I can try to make my own AJAX-like library for GMP types, but
this doesn't seem ideal.

--
Brandon Barker
Phone: (859) 948-5335