[emboss-dev] Bio-Emboss: executing "diffseq" as a perl function

Sebastian Konietzny skonietz at CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Fri Mar 24 12:33:17 UTC 2006

Hello!

I would like to know how I can use Bio::Emboss in such a way, that I
will not longer have to execute the "diffseq"-command as a system-call.

I heard that it ought to be possible to use emboss-tools from inside a
perl-script without system-calls but by using Emboss perl functions
instead. Can anyone help me and explain, what would be the right
subroutine and how I have to manage it's call?
I also still ave problems to use the Bio::Emboss package in general.

Thank you very much.