[emboss-dev] New application - dottie

Chris Upton cupton at uvic.ca
Mon Jul 24 17:16:42 UTC 2006

HI,
We have built a java interface to Dotter called  JDOTTER (see links) .
This allows use of a menu for file input, connection to a database of
precalculated plots (if required), display of annotations,
multiplatform use.
It keeps the zoom functions of Dotter.

http://athena.bioc.uvic.ca/workbench.php?tool=jdotter&db=

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?
cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=14734323

Let me know if you want more info.

Chris Upton

On Jul 24, 2006, at 6:37 AM, Javier Luiso wrote:

> Hi, I read the table of "suggested new applications for EMBOSS"
> (http://emboss.sourceforge.net/apps/proposed.html)
> and I'm interesting in the app. dottie.
> I work in Computer Graphics and Visualization area, not in biology,
> so I
> need more specific information about the features dottie must include.
>
> Thanks.

Chris Upton Ph.D.                                   Associate Professor
Biochemistry and Microbiology             Tel. 250-721-6507
University of Victoria                                Fax  250-721-8855
P.O. Box 3055 STN CSC
Victoria, BC  V8W 3P6
Canada

web.uvic.ca/~cupton