[emboss-dev] [EMBOSS] how to install help files with MYEMBOSS?

pmr at ebi.ac.uk pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Oct 4 17:44:36 UTC 2005

Dear Martin,

> is there any way to install help files (both text and html) for your
> custom applications using MYEMBOSS?
> I intend to modify wrappers4EMBOSS package to install using MYEMBOSS but
> I can't find a way to install the help files for them, just the source
> and acd files. There is no doc/programs... directory, is there another
> way of doing this?

We will add these. There are plans to create separate directories for each
of the EMBASSY packages (myemboss, phylip, domainatrix, hmmer, ...) under
doc/programs instead of installing everything in one directory. We waited
for EMBOSS 3.0.0 before trying to reorganize.

One issue for the MYEMBOSS documentation ... we create the documentation
from the sourceforge pages for each applicatiion. We will need a utility
to complete the pages for MYEMBOSS programs which are written locally and
will not have sourceforge pages as sources. These sourceforge pages have 9
include files (the one line documentation, help and commandline table,
example usage with input and output, related programs plus history and
comments. We can generate all these include files automatically.

If you have example MYEMBOSS programs you can send it would help us to
make producing the documentation easier.

regards,

Peter Rice